Boutta Rib it out

 Hello again, it's time to do some ideation and first iteration for this slip-casting ceramic project so lets get to it!




Inspirations

I still have this idea of "ribbed" designs that really came up in the previous project, stacked slices, and I wanted to iterate on a literal version of it. The one that I'm really looking at making is the ribcage vase, or pen holder or whatever uses it may have once it is made. It is going to be quite symmetrical because of the limited process that was introduced for this project. Specifically making a design that will be successful in a 2 part mold process aka an object that will can be cut in half and still works on both sides. 


So while, I did iterate on other ideas, I think the ribbed idea is the one that will work and that I'm interested in the most at the moment. 

I've written the process that I think I'll have in the sketches, but my idea is to make a vase-like shape first, then put rib like patterns on it. The spine being exploded out of the shape for another pattern shape that connects the rib like pattern on it.



As per my goal, I will be using just, or mostly, Grasshopper to make these shapes as a way of ingraining the muscle memory into my veins. 


Ok, so I broke my all grasshopper designing workflow but tbh, I'm pretty bad with Grasshopper and I want to make a model for this week at least so here it is!



I do believe that this design works, or at leas this is the base of what could work.
Over the coming weeks, I may add some more design on it like the trachea or something similar.

But for now, checking in Prusaslicer which seems to work, I will leave it here. 

bye.

Comments

Popular Posts