Slowwalking a Blooming flower thing

Welcome once again to my slow brain blog! And in today's episode, I spend quite a bit of hours trying to make this flower bloom! 



I may or may have not forgotten to take images while I was working on this for more insight as to what I was thinking about. Eitherway, this image is the function tree of my blooming flower thing. 


I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to make a value not change until the slider reach a certain threshold but this was my way of making it happen which works very well with the main body of the flower but not the smaller one that I've added afterwards. Will need to think about that a lil bit more in the future for the more complex function tree. 

Eitherway, I am convulsing on my chair atm looking at this and resisting the urge to just draw, so here's the animation! 

You can see where the math of the "more than if" statement breaks at the "grass", it is quite annoying but I'd have to use more than my math incapable brain to actually get something to work properly. I like this but there is no reason for it to exist in any other instances.

IT SPIIIIIIINS

The biggest challenge that I actually found from this is thinking about what to make in terms of the very conceptual side of things. It was slightly difficult for me to touch this CAD software with the intention to create something non-practical and abstract, I do believe its because of my past 3 years relationship with Rhino as just a tool to aid my own artistic practice. I am looking forward to more of Grasshopper, however, as it does increase the tools I can use and possible lessen the load of manually iterating parts for future projects! It might also look *Cool,* which is fantastic!


Comments

Popular Posts