Milestone Project - Helixes and Wearable

 

Disintegrates

A few sketches to get myself thinking about what to do for this milestone project



Ok, Blogger is tripping right now as I write this.

As of this moment of time, I am interested in creating this helix design because of some external media influences, since I couldn't really think of anything to do geometrically for this project as of writing this. I'm also thinking about this idea of a wearable stack pieces, since the fact that this thing is segmented the way it is makes it a perfect flexible wearable project. 

Also I'm wondering if theres a way to "pixelate" the stack slices for an effect similar to voxels for the layers.

Anyways, onto actually fiddling around in the Grasshopper language And the fact that I have massive imposture syndrome even using this atm makes this a painful experience at the moment

I found out that its easier to just press Space, when the grasshopper window is clicked on, to start typing new commands! 

Turning my focus on creating a helix-like shape from my sketches, I CPT in the grasshopper.


Mistakes were made.

Anyhow, I did successfully create a similar shape to what I would want in this grasshopper file without using rhino stuff, but I managed to fucking destroy the thing so Im screenshotting for now..





I managed to remake it from the earlier screenshot but I want die

Anyways, it look cool:tm: atm but Im gonna do some random value to it to make it more rustic looking.

Times up for this week's brain death, I have spent hours on this already, my brain is melted.


Ill comment on this I bromis. 


Here it is for now! With the boomerang gif and shi-


Update Feb 5:

I don't know where my grasshopper file went, so I had to reinput my nodes again! Wow! At least I get to experience the muscle memory again and get better with using grasshopper! Totally what I wanted to happen!

OK WHAT??? SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER!! I had already recreated my grasshopper file and SOMEHOW the file reappeared! Are you fucking kidding me, I was searching for it a couple of days ago and it wasn't there!

Alright for this week, I get to experience the pain of how and when and where I need to input this into it's very real form.

I was thinking of implementing some spaces between the layers but since this is a relatively complex 3D model, I'd have to think about how to do so.

I could theoretically make this into a hanging cut object, but the main goal for now is to implement it as a sort of monolithic installation.

3D Iteration of the laser piece

I will be lasering tomorrow see you next week fo that!


Nested before the cutting



Welp, here it is. Had to make an adjustments for the smallest parts to not be too small, but I think I could've gotten smaller, its just a matter of being able to handle gluing less then 20mm pieces together to create the whole shape.

Things to note since I have never laser cut before, the curves that I ended up with had too many points on it which upped the cutting time by 5x it seems, and I've no clue where in my node system creates this problem. 

Second, I tried to create a base or a spine for this in grasshopper, but since the shape is too weird it didn't really allow me or my current skill to create a reasonable base in grasshopper to align things. I could have had a rod through, but that's hindsight atm which is a little too late to think about at this point of time. I will be thinking about it in the future whenever it arises again.

Comments

Popular Posts