The Pattern Within

First off, PICTURES!

Look at them and all their glorious pattern goodness.

That aside, I took the liberty to incorporate mostly my own made up pattern in mind and apply it loosely on some of these repetitive manufactured items.

The majority of these are man made which reflects quite well to the course.












And here is what I came up with. 

I wanted to incorporate a symbol I've always used on my art which is this bad boy.

Of course, the end product ended up very different than what I have in my original inspiration, but I couldn't exactly apply this symbol properly on a repetitive pattern that consist of hexagonal shapes.


My idea of the etching, carve and cut for this one is purple is the deepest layer, light blue for the second deepest, and the violet-blue would be the one protruding out. There's also an outer layer of the cog-like pattern that I hope can be done in this manner:

However, we'll just have to see when we get to it.

Anyways, I don't think I have any more to say at this point of time. Adios!


Comments

Popular Posts